View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi there,

First, I'm sorry your father is struck by such a difficult, rare condition. Second, shame on your brother, leaving it to you to try to impose his will to protect your niece and nephew, you are trying to do the right thing in difficult circumstances.

Obviously I do not know how bad your dad has gotten, but when my mum was afflicted with Alzheimer's she became a danger to herself and everyone else on the road. Her Dr revoked her license, but then had to call the Police to stop her driving away from the Clinic she was SO bad. My sister had to drive 75 miles to calm her down and take her home - they held her at the Clinic for her own safety. It was traumatic, and we had to remove her keys, then sell her car quickly, but within a few weeks she got used to taking taxis or being driven everywhere. I think it came as a bit of relief after all the stress for her in the end.

In the meantime, talk to your brother, tell him your safety concerns and perhaps come up with a plan to sit down quietly TOGETHER with dad and lay everything on the table. Do not let everything rest on your shoulders.

Good luck,

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (05-06-2015), o00o_itz_brat_o00o (05-07-2015)