View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bone Graft for Front Tooth

Hello,
I had a front tooth extracted and a bone graft performed at the same time. This occurred about two weeks ago.
My dentist did not prescribe an antibiotic but I called him a week later because it was swollen and I tasted a weird taste in my mouth. He did prescribe an antibiotic.

Well he did not do the flipper tooth but used the extracted tooth. He used the cement and utilized the extracted tooth for cosmetic purposes.Therefore it is glued in place.

I'm concerned because my gum is dark in the area of the bone graft. Also when I went i this week for a follow up, he mentioned that we may have lost some of the bone due to the infection. Is this possible?
The bone or graft is poking through the gum. Therefore the tooth looks longer. My gum doesn't look really full. My gum looks like there is a slight ridge.
He mentioned I might need another graft in 3 months. I'm wondering if he did something that wasn't right. Besides I'm uncertain if I want to spend another $980 for a bone graft if it could have been prevented in the first place.
Does the information from the dentist sound right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6977.jpg (48.8 KB, 946 views)
Paulyfred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote