View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
I am still thinking about this fish oil thing....
Scientists have studied this in depth, and concluded that thinking about fish oil does not increase health.

But on a serious note: I had slacked in my diet, started it up again in February, and I really do feel a lot better again. I don't know if it's the oil, the lack of sugar, the vitamins, or a combination of those, but it does work.

The diet slacking went very gradually. It's weird, you don't pay attention, and suddenly you realize a year has gone by and your diet was just not good at all and was becoming worse still. I can totally see how that could be the case with alcohol as well... you start of having one or two on occasion, and before you know it you are back to full blown drinking. It was a good reminder on how easy it is to slide into bad habits again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okone1 View Post
584 days sober! I have made a over a complete year of all holidays, etc. I have a birthday this month, so I can say I never had a drink at the age of 46!
That's fantastic! Also, this way you've had all the weird dates (year end, birthdays etc) sober so it becomes a lot easier the next year around.

I'm looking at 1058 days now, and next month will be three years. I must say we are racking up some pretty solid sober time in this thread. I'm spending a lot of time playing my piano these days, even the classical stuff (The Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven has an almost mathematical beauty to it). I love the instrument and the different types of music you can play on it.

The fact that it was paid for with money that didn't go to alcohol makes it double sweet.
"Thanks for this!" says:
newstown (05-13-2015), Okone1 (05-07-2015)