View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jo Mar...yes on job injuries. It's rather complicated Lit Love and thanks for replying. I own a home in Oregon and would go the Bay area to teach during the school year. I had planned to travel and teach in different states. I came back home after being declared permanent and stationary and half dead from trying to teach a very difficult special education class while head injured. If I had stayed in the bay area I would have become homeless.

Honestly I thought once I got home and rested I would be able to work in Oregon. I thought some of my problems were due to stress. My problems did not resolve. I did apply for SSDI and got approved immediately. Medicare is paying without a whimper, probably because Oregon refuses to take California work comp cases and I have not yet received any medical settlement. My neuropysch report states I can never teach again.

So there lies my question.....should my lawyer be using the information from my Oregon doctors to obtain a fairer disability rating? For example, I was recently diagnosed with ADD from my brain injuries. I graduated grad school with a 4.1 GPA one year prior to my first injury so it's obviously not a prior condition. My lawyer is not sending this info on to anyone, nor does she seem to have any interest in it. Is that how it rolls in California?
Concussion and whiplash from getting hit by a semi truck. After partial recovery was on the receiving end of 3 concussions in a year. Two were within six weeks of each other. Master's degree teacher now on disability with limited lifestyle, trying to count my blessings

Eugene, Oregon
lyndianne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote