View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 03:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you, Mrs D. There is plenty of research to suggest there may be links between heart disease and dysfunction and too much iron. It is also a reason why a doctor I know donates blood regularly - too much iron.

I was taking magnesium and then when I ran out after one month, I did not buy it again. But, I will. We will see if it makes any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Dubinin... Please don't use iron products unless you have tested low in iron at the doctor's office. Excess iron in males, has been linked to heart disease and attacks.

And to make things better for your muscles and nerves, magnesium may help. SlowMag, one twice a day, is good to fix low levels of that. May heavy drinkers become low in magnesium over time due to the diuretic actions of the alcohol. Caffeine also has the same effect.

Thank you for the link to your thread. Topical applications interest me.

This is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html
Soaking in epsom salts baths may help too. Or using the lotion, Morton Epsom lotion, on target spots, will work too. But it is not designed to use all over the body. Apply it to feet one day, (tops not bottoms), calves one day, thighs, the next...and rotate. It is really a wonderful way to relax muscles and provide the body with some magnesium that way. I use it every day myself. WalMart, Walgreen's and online at Amazon. (not all stores carry it yet).
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-07-2015)