View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Chalky,

The root canaled tooth is infected and that is why it hurts to even slight pressure. The pain you felt when he probed down along the gum line next to that tooth can indicate that you have a perio/endo infection. That would mean that the bacteria from the tooth has traveled to the ligament and the sulcus (deep area below the gum line). The dentist should be informing you of this and not dismissing it. The problem is that as long as the tooth is present, the infection will be present. So I'm thinking he is reluctant to suggest that you have that tooth out especially since the rc was just done 10 mths ago.

Have you emailed the holistic dentist yet?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky74 View Post
Bryanna

Just a question, the tooth where I had the root canal done roughly 10 months ago, it's the one right up the top back left hand side, should it be tender to touch still ? When the dentist did the percussion test a few weeks ago it was the only one that hurt on that side & when he probed inside it with a instrument it was real sensitive, he didn't really seem to want to know much about that though, it's also tender to touch by finger. Just wondered if this meant something wasn't right in there or that's normal for a tooth that had a root canal done ?

Kind regards Mark

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote