View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9271 View Post
So I had my appointment this afternoon with a new neurologist. He was very nice, spent over an hour with me. He said that he has had one other patient who developed neuropathy from Flagyl. He said that it took her about 18 months to start feeling better. I almost fainted when I heard that, it seems like forever from now. It has only been a month and I'm going crazy! He said all my blood work and the EMG came back normal. He prescribed a stronger dose of gabapentin for the evening (600 mg) and then Lyrica 1 pill 3 times per day. Also gave me a prescription for Lydicine cream but said it might not help at all. Lastly, he told me to continue to take the oxycondon at night to sleep. I am not too crazy about this but I guess I have no option. I can't sleep without it.

Has anyone tried Lyrica before? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Dan

I know several people who have been helped a great deal by Lyrica. My husband could not take the side effects of either either Gaba or Lyrica. But I do know several people who were helped tremendously by the Lyrica. The only drawback was the weight gain. It just happens to some people when they take Lyrica. But it did decrease their pain level.

I guess it's a toss-up.

I do wish you well and let's hope you heal soon

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (05-08-2015)