Thread: Sooo over this!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 08:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Ugh! The crap everyone is having to go through to get help! You must be ready to scream, that or you have already, which is perfectly understandable. It's terrible what it's taking for you to get into PM. You're right a referral should have been forthcoming. Nerve pain is hard enough to deal with already without this kind of stress thrown on top.

I know you are sick to death of calling your case manager but....what do they say about the actual clinic being over two hours away? Can they authorize anything closer? Are there any days at all the doctor visits the satellite? I don't see how with your current mobility they can expect you to get there routinely. Travel is worth it to see someone really great who offers something you can't get at home but otherwise bleh! If it is possible to push a phone call through to your case manager's supervisor do it. I have had luck doing this in the past. The supervisor may have some override authority and may be more knowledgable.

On getting support, who knows about the substance abuse program. If they don't offer mental health counseling they won't be able to treat you. Your best bet may be a local community agency or possibly some sort of teletherapy. Some of the big companies like Cenpatico (they have services in Illinois) offer that service for areas that are underserved and without providers.

So sorry you are going through this.
I am sending extra healing love, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-08-2015)