View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 11:46 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Heart

Yeah,today's the worse day for those of us that have lost our Dad's,I know! Fathers Day is a hard day for me,as I'm sure it is for many others. This is the 2nd year without my Dad,and I'm just trying to keep my head above water (not literally)! But at least he is still with us in our hearts,and that will never change. So in a way he is with us each year,just not physically, but I know that big hug makes a difference,it always did for me. My Dad was kindof a big guy,and he used to give these big bear hugs,the only thing that drove me nuts was when he would rub his whiskers from not shaving on my cheek. But now that he's gone,I miss it. If we try to just think of all the good memories we had with our fathers on this day,it will almost feel like he's with us,because his spirit will be. And it will give us something to smile about, and good things to think about,instead of just being sad all day. I know it's hard,because that's just what I'm trying to do, and at times it gets difficult and I find tears rolling down my cheeks. But I'm trying to be strong for my Dad,because I know he's here. He spent Fathers Day with me every year I was in town.
I feel for all of you that have lost your fathers,especially recently,mine was October 3rd,2005 but it still feels like it was just the other day. But that's just because of how strong love is!

And how breaking such a bond can feel so terrifying,and can take awhile to get used to. But I'll never get over it,I know that,I love him too much! I was Daddy's little girl,and he was my best friend,and my Father!

We can use these good memories to help get through each day, not only this special day,but each and every day, because they are all difficult. Just give it a try, that's what I'm doing. And I'm still surviving.

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote