View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
I know I'm not alone because so many of us are going through the same thing right now. There HAS to be someone we can protest to!

My problems all seem to snowball and no one knows (or can answer or is honest enough) where the first snowflake fell. According to the case manager, the clinic information she gave me is a listed provider for PM and is only a little over an hour from me. However, RIC is a large company with many offices, the PM office is in the city...over 2 hours away. She was not given that information &/or didn't ask. I actually had my PCP nurse tell me "you should call them to make sure they take your insurance". Really? Isn't that in your job description? Especially when your patient is crying out for help? I also called my case manager again today after all of this mess. Left a message.

Unfortunately, no one takes medicaid so apparently, I am screwed five ways to Sunday. I personally called over 20 providers listed on my insurance website. No dice. I called one group to find out what they charge...$250 for initial visit and $175 for follow up visits. Anyone wanna buy a kidney?

I called 3 of the phone numbers for the mental health provider they gave me...no answer at any of the numbers. I submitted an online form as well, so we will see where that goes.

I'm also looking into bypassing the whole western medicine entirely. I've already taken myself off the gababentin, fosamax, wellbutrin and D2. Debating halting PT as well...no progress = no more approved visits. A visit to the medical marijuana clinic is $80-$200 depending on location.

What pushes me over the edge is that I am trying my damnedest to get back to work (especially since my SSDI is in appeal) so that I don't have to move again within a year. This house is all I have. It's paid for, but without income the utilities, property taxes, homeowners insurance doesn't get paid...let alone groceries. And I can't rehab without proper treatment. Not sure why that is so hard for my providers/insurance to understand. I worked in healthcare my entire life...this ACA crap has destroyed healthcare in the US
Unilaterally deciding to stop taking prescribed meds will be viewed one of two ways by SS: 1) you're not being compliant. 2) your condition has improved so you no longer needs meds. You're considering "bypassing the whole western medicine entirely"? You're considering medical marijuana? You're considering stopping pt? SS will continue to scrutinize your medical records during an active application.

While I understand wanting to conserve money in your home, being cash poor and trying to utilize Medicaid takes away many timely options. Many of us will, and have, sacrificed our financial security for years while trying to attain remission. It's unfortunate, but it's also reality.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-08-2015)