Thread: Sooo over this!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 07:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Unilaterally deciding to stop taking prescribed meds will be viewed one of two ways by SS: 1) you're not being compliant. 2) your condition has improved so you no longer needs meds. You're considering "bypassing the whole western medicine entirely"? You're considering medical marijuana? You're considering stopping pt? SS will continue to scrutinize your medical records during an active application.

While I understand wanting to conserve money in your home, being cash poor and trying to utilize Medicaid takes away many timely options. Many of us will, and have, sacrificed our financial security for years while trying to attain remission. It's unfortunate, but it's also reality.
As for the medications: I have had a lot of communication with my PCP/group and every one of my concerns have been completely blown off. The medications I have been prescribed only serve to continue my downward spiral. I realize I will be labeled "non compliant"...it isn't the first time and the first time saved my leg. I unfortunately know too much and am more than willing to take that label to save my function/limb/life. It's unfortunate my healthcare providers aren't. (I am taking a different form of vitamin d-approved by my endocrinologist, but I cannot justify ingesting any chemical that makes no difference & causes side effects - including an ineffective dose of an effective medication...unless someone can refute that....). I cannot put my physical/emotional health behind a SS claim. If that causes my claim to be denied but my life/limb/function to be spared, that is the trade-off. What is the difference of selling my house & living with my parents or my children now or later?

I am considering stopping PT with 4 visits left. Yeah, that's really stupid and came from my frustration. It was recommended by my therapist also. I am not meeting the goals so when it comes to renew, the insurance won't authorize additional sessions.

So much centers around PM. I'm okay pushing through pain for the most part and can/have/will continue to push through as much as I can. But...everyone has a limit. I can tolerate a pain level 4 indefinitely. But when that kicks to a 7-9 with any activity, there's only so much I can handle. After almost 2 years, save the 5 months post-op, I don't know how to hang on anymore. Meditation/relaxation exercises only go so far. Elevating prohibits function. What's left? My hope reserve is all but empty, especially when I am meeting brick walls on every aspect. I am grateful to have a place to put my frustrations out there and receive feedback from all different angles. You all are all I have to that end and I am thankful for the honesty.

***Please note: I am continuing to work with my case manager to change my PCP in light of my ongoing concerns. My hope may be extremely limited, but I will not simply do what I'm told when I know it's wrong/not working

Last edited by Always_Believe; 05-08-2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: ETA additional information
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-08-2015)