View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 07:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default EMDR Therapy - Extremely Effective

For anyone looking for PTSD therapy, my personal experience with EMDR has been amazing. I cannot recommend it enough. Every person is different, and every traumatic event is different. But I just wanted to share my own experience in case it is helpful for anyone.

I had a traumatic series of events that included a sexual assault, and for 10 years it affected all parts of my life, interfering significantly. Regular talk therapy did little to change the PTSD symptoms. Then I worked with an EMDR therapist for 2 years, slowly building trust at a comfortable pace, then had a few EMDR sessions (approx. 2 hours each), and it changed everything. It felt like an epiphany at the time, and that feeling has persisted.

It has been a year now since my sessions, and I genuinely feel that I processed the memory and integrated it into my life in a healthier way than I ever thought possible. My symptoms have reduced by about 90% and I am able to function again.

It made it possible for me to think about those events and grow as a person, rather than just survive as a victim. I hope it helps others as much as it helped me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-01-2015), kiwi33 (05-12-2015), mrsD (05-08-2015), Skeezyks (10-23-2016)