View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
As for the medications: I have had a lot of communication with my PCP/group and every one of my concerns have been completely blown off. The medications I have been prescribed only serve to continue my downward spiral. I realize I will be labeled "non compliant"...it isn't the first time and the first time saved my leg. I unfortunately know too much and am more than willing to take that label to save my function/limb/life. It's unfortunate my healthcare providers aren't. (I am taking a different form of vitamin d-approved by my endocrinologist, but I cannot justify ingesting any chemical that makes no difference & causes side effects - including an ineffective dose of an effective medication...unless someone can refute that....). I cannot put my physical/emotional health behind a SS claim. If that causes my claim to be denied but my life/limb/function to be spared, that is the trade-off. What is the difference of selling my house & living with my parents or my children now or later?

I am considering stopping PT with 4 visits left. Yeah, that's really stupid and came from my frustration. It was recommended by my therapist also. I am not meeting the goals so when it comes to renew, the insurance won't authorize additional sessions.

So much centers around PM. I'm okay pushing through pain for the most part and can/have/will continue to push through as much as I can. But...everyone has a limit. I can tolerate a pain level 4 indefinitely. But when that kicks to a 7-9 with any activity, there's only so much I can handle. After almost 2 years, save the 5 months post-op, I don't know how to hang on anymore. Meditation/relaxation exercises only go so far. Elevating prohibits function. What's left? My hope reserve is all but empty, especially when I am meeting brick walls on every aspect. I am grateful to have a place to put my frustrations out there and receive feedback from all different angles. You all are all I have to that end and I am thankful for the honesty.

***Please note: I am continuing to work with my case manager to change my PCP in light of my ongoing concerns. My hope may be extremely limited, but I will not simply do what I'm told when I know it's wrong/not working

If you're having side effects or a bad reaction to a medication, than by all means, make an appointment and discuss it with your doctor. But stopping all your meds at the same time makes it difficult to even determine where the problems lie. Are dosages too low? Too high? Are there interaction issues?

Same thing with the pt. Is it the wrong therapist? Or the wrong type of therapy?

Regardless of SS, there is little point in you going to a doctor you don't trust or communicate with. There is nothing wrong

If you are unsuccessful with your SSDI application and your Date Last Insures expires, you can always apply for SSI benefits later on, so long as you meet the savings and resource test.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (05-08-2015), Enna70 (05-08-2015)