View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 02:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=Bryanna;1141089]Nikki,

Thank you for posting the photos.
You explained it fine in your original post but thanks for sharing more information.

There should be NO pus and it should not look like raw meat. That lump is a concern and not normal healing.

Everything you describe is evident that the original dentist did a poor job at extracting that tooth. For another dentist to find a piece of tooth in the socket after the site was scraped at least twice by the original dentist after the extraction ..... says a lot about the dentistry being done by the original dentist. Please find a new dentist!

Please stop brushing the wound and that lump. There is a bad infection there and brushing it will transfer the bacteria elsewhere. If you can please do everything you can to get in to see the oral surgeon asap. This should not wait. Do you live in the UK? If you can get in earlier, is there any way you could go to a private practice oral surgeon and pay out of pocket? You really do have a serious infection that should not be put off and it needs to be treated by an oral surgeon not a general dentist or a clinic of inexperienced dentists.

The pus is now draining which is keeping the pain down and the exterior face from swelling. However, the area where the pus is draining from can close off from the inflammation and then you will have pain and swelling.

If this were me, I would call a private oral surgeon practice and tell them you have a severe infection as a complication of a recent molar extraction in the area of a partially impacted wisdom tooth. They do not need a history of what took place, only that there is pus oozing from the site and a huge lump. It is important for you to know that the antibiotics cannot cure this problem. The meds can only temporarily subside some of the inflammation but that will return with a vengeance. Please get in to see the oral surgeon.

Thanks Bryanna.

So what is causing the infection 2 weeks after the tooth that was left behind has been sucked out? How will an oral surgeon treat this differently to a general denist? What else will they do other than offer me antibiotics if there is nothing else left in the hole? Sorry for so many questions but I am worried now.
boogagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote