View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

karen,

Okay so you have regular dental care. Do you have routine xrays done? Like a full mouth series (20 xrays) every 3 years and 4 bite wings once a year? Was an xray taken of tooth #18 and 19 at your last check up when you complained about it? Because this infection was brewing for months.

Tooth #19 had a large old filling and pins, is that correct? You are right that tooth was a time bomb. Pins are rarely if ever used anymore because they are so irritating to the pulp. So chances are either xrays haven't been taken regularly or the problems with 18 and 19 had been undiagnosed. For your dentist to perform or suggest root canaling one tooth after the other without a previous notion of any major problems with ALL of those teeth .... is truly ridiculous.

I would consult with a dentist who is not affiliated with any dentist you have seen so far. The problem you are going to run into is that most dentists are going to be leery of treating you because of the dentistry that you had done they don't want to end up blamed for anything. I am going to pm you the name of a dentist in Downers Grove, Ill who is a member of the IAOMT organization. You can google IAOMT.org and read up on what the members believe in. I cannot vouch for this dentist as I do not know her personally. But she may be someone who you can email or speak to for some healthy guidance.

Regarding probiotics.... yogurt is not enough. By the time commercial yogurt is made, processed and delivered to the store, the good bacteria is dead in it because of the various temperatures that it has gone through during that time period. Antibiotics can cause an intestinal infection to occur weeks, even months after you stop taking them because the immune system requires good bacteria to keep the intestine healthy. You are most likely depleted in good bacteria considering the amount of antibiotics you have taken and without adequate probiotics to help replenish what has been destroyed. Also stress and all of this unhealthy dentistry is also wiping out your immune system.

It would be best to take a multi strain probiotic along with a pre biotic to help the bacteria adhere to the lining of the intestine better. I will pm you the names of those supplements.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensue77 View Post
Hi Bryanna
Thank you for your speedy reply. I go to the dentist every 6 months for cleaning. I last went in October and at that time, I had started to feel something a couple times that hurt when I bit down but the dentist didn't find any problems at my check up. It was 2 months later then that #18 crown popped off. I think you are right about #18 was going bad for a long time, I remember going to my general doctor before Thanksgiving and telling her that I had this weird tapping in my ear like a little drummer and she gave me a muscle relaxer. The tapping was driving me CRAZY but it just kind of went away on it's own.

I had a feeling that the crown should never have been put back on. All the pain for some reason now feels like it is coming from #19. #19 had been filled and built up with pins back in 1977 so I was dreading the day that tooth went all the way bad.

I am in Illinois, USA. I do know what probiotics are, I don't take a supplement but I do eat Yogurt every day, so hopefully that will help.

Thanks again for your reply, I look forward to hearing from you again to see what you think of this whole mess.

Karen

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote