View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 08:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I very much agree Wiki, that PD is a range of problems that all result in diminished dopamine in the brain.

I also agree with harry that there is no incentive for a cure. IMO lots of valuable research could be done but all these associations are just driving money to drug companies and "awareness" campaigns which seem to be geared to just raising more money for the associations. I think we need an association where everyone that works there has PD. Then we might see more urgent action.

Lastly, I would say that you should go out of your way to read some of the foreign studies. They often do a lot to try to understand PD better and they also don't overlook what they cannot patent, since they are not usually run by a drug company. I could provide links but just a little poking around here should net you something to chew on.

Then when you find something promising to you PICK IT and try it if you can. All this studying won't get you anywhere if you don't act on some of it. Take them step by step and be patient. That is the hard part because as soon as you get started on one thing, another interesting thing comes along. You must do one at a time till you se if it helps you.

It took us all decades to get here .. if there is a "cure" odds are it won't be something that happens overnight.

Best of luck to us all. We really are on our own here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (05-13-2015)