View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 01:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been eating vegan for 18 months in a few days. It is hard to know for sure how it has helped, but I have a few educated ideas. Bear in mind my neuropathy is diabetes related-

1. I dropped 1/4 of my weight, which has helped my bulky left knee, legs in general and my A1C is now 5.8. I am still having progression in my symptoms.

2. I move more, too. Though I have to change parking spots soon, closer tp work I had two miles of walking built into my day. I am trying to notice when to adjust before it is a more severe problem, but my legs can't handle the mandated pounding right now.

3. I had the shingles earlier this year and I am certain that it would have put me in the hospital had they struck when I was in my former condition. They did a number anyway- essentially resetting a lot of pt/exercise stamina I had developed.
Pushing the boulder back up the mountain, adjusted grade, rest spots planned for, baby steps.

I worked my first 40 hour week in who knows how long. I really feel that I am in a better place for my drastic change, though as I said it has not turned off the progression faucet yet. I hold out hope.
I say find one you feel is worth the commitment, give it time and see where it goes. This vegan experiment was planned for a month. I keep asking doctors if they feel I should change, they say as long as I get my protein via other sources ride it.

So I do.
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (05-12-2015), mrsD (05-09-2015), SoftTalker (05-09-2015)