View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 01:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I had no idea, countries with free health care outside of usa, were terrible, yearly wait. It is expected if you are on a free healthcare system. So paying for healthcare "universally" would be a good way to offset some of the cost that comes with free healthcare. Most private healthcare within the usa, or HMO groups can setup appt within a 1week to a few weeks.(probably the lack of people going to a medical facility). When i was under a family plan for an HMO, everytime i go into a medical facility(not a hospital) the building is almost always very quiet and somewhat empty.
I guess thats why usa is very resistant to having "free health care", the waiting periods and the public cost is astounding. Since we already already taxed on keeping prisoners in our countries alive(we pay for thier education, medical care, cable, food), this also goes for military personel as well. Thats why the USA healthcare system is very poor and extremely expensive, while the quality of care is superior than other countries. The way you get charged for using any treatment, medical devices, and acquire any medicines cost alot. Using an mri once (for kaiser) cost about 4000$. We do have "government welfare, healthcare which i am under, and i though months waiting period was suprising, though most appointment usually comes by fast. because in our country people have this "thinking" that walking it off, or it will go away or show no weakness, so they never seek healthcare treatment and it frees up space.
My parents had to pay about 800$ a month just to have the family plan, with dental(50%). You would think having better technology would lower the cost, but it actually helps the manufacturers profit from it, because they can raise the cost of the product.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote