View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 02:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default B6 Responsive CBS Homocystinuria heterozygosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorGuy20 View Post
Thanks for the Gluten-File link. I will definitely research. I do not have any scientific evidence that I have a gluten intolerance. I have not been tested for it. My mother is celiac and I've "self-diagnosed" myself based on some of the symptoms she used to exhibit when exposed to gluten. After I eat a food with gluten I literally feel like a tire is just inflating around my abdomen for several hours after. Significant stomach discomfort. But, I've never exhibited any nuerological symptoms after say going on a binge fest eating pizza, fast food, etc. I have done my best to avoid gluten for about the last 6 months...

FWIW, I looking to have some professional nutritional counseling in the near future to be tested for specific food sensitivities.

Thanks... (also I'm starting a new thread in the PN sub forum as I receive a copy of my bloodwork and MRI today).
Gatorguy, we have a lot in common, I am an aerospace engineer and also first presented with CSCR, and suffered from a costrochondritis like symptom which led to parethesias and other nasty symptoms... Did genetic testing and found I was a heterozygote for B6-responsive CBS homocystinuria... which causes a defect in the synthesis of B6 vitamin and high homocysteine levels..
cta7978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote