View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 12:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking Atkins Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftTalker View Post
Yikes! I purchased the book The Wahls Protocol which was recommended reading for people with PN, autoimmune illnesses, MS, etc.

OMG

I don't know. That diet looks so complicated. So extremely limiting. Also expensive.

My docs haven't said anything (yet) about my diet except to limit carbs.

I am contemplating the Atkins, eliminating carbs almost completely.

Has anyone here adjusted their diet and seen results?

I have added B12 supplement, soaking feet in Epsom salt, trying to be as active as I can (difficult with my other illness, myasthenia gravis), and cutting down on carbs.

Anyone here used/using the Wahls Protocol?

Or Paleo diet?

Any Insight? Results?

Thanks in advance for any input.

SoftTalker
aka
SoftWalker
Hello Softwalker, I too am in search for a diet that I can live with. I will only relate my Atkins experience. It tool about four days for me body to start burning fat for fuel and had run out of Glucose. I felt fine and was generally feeling energized. I would pig out at breakfast and eat eggs and a fistful of bacon and was still losing weight. It is a qualitative diet. Not quantitative. If you eat anything that turns to glucose your body will revert back to burning it. Long story short, I was tripped up by craving an apple, not your ordinary,every day, run of the mill, average craving, but get in the car and drive to wherever you have to and eat an apple. I'm not disciplined enough, Mayby if Rambo and GI Jane had a child? Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SoftTalker (05-10-2015)