View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Wow. Very sorry to hear of your injuries and also missing the infusion most of all. Did you get back on track with that and recover OK too?

As far as I'mdoing, ran so low on meds a few weeks ago I started to cut back intake so low to stretch them out I went into a brutal withdrawal. When I got myself an app w my pain doc and explained all the symptoms the first thing he asked was if I was out of meds!
Thankfully he gave me something small to get me thru the mental and physical pain which truthfully lead me.to some of the worst thoughts ever , I now have to be so damn careful I don't run so low again since I don'tthink iI'll get another 2nd chance w the doc after the warning I got too!

My tolerance is too high, my dependence is been too long and too deep, and my pain is off the charts still no matter what. So where does a broken down disabled Vet do?
Speaking of that- did any of you all hear about VA cracking down on all patient opioid use? Well, this is how my VAcare went down.
1. They stated they were going to cease issuing me opiods for my service connected (combat caused injuries) unless I go thru the ENTIRE process all over again that I did back in 2007 by every part of the investigation and treatment again. Unbelievably unreal statement.

2. What would ANY Dr do when bringing a patient down off opiods that they've been issuing them for at least 8 years? They would bring them down slowly and properly - SAFELY off of them using the tirate method which has been written in stone for decades. Guess what they did to me, and hundreds of other vets they'vebeen prescibing these pain mmedications to?

They entirely and suddenly stopped ALL issuance and ALL medications to ALL these Vets immediately!

Too be continued with an article on this mess as inclusion.
Gunny Fitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (05-11-2015), Lara (05-11-2015)