View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 10:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
I wake up almost every morning "vibrating." The way I describe it is that I feel like I'm plugged into an electrical socket and have a low level electrical current running through my body. Usually though, as soon as I get up or start moving around, it subsides. Other symptoms crop up as the day moves on.

High blood glucose is a known and common source of nerve damage. 60% to 70% of all diabetics have some level of neuropathy. Unless you've taken the Oral Glucose Tolerance Test and know for an absolute fact that you have zero glucose issues, I can't imagine having neuropathy from ANY source and not trying to watch carb intake.
I have had a fasting blood test for glucose (I am not sure what they test in this a1c?) and it came back normal. I asked for a glucose tolerance test but my doc said the blood test is better and since it came back normal I don't have any issues. He said the glucose tolerance test puts a lot of stress on the body and doesn't think I need to do it. What do you guys think?
canagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote