View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
What have your dr's said about this symptom? Mine look at me like I am nuts!

Also, has your high fat/low carb diet made a noticeable difference for you? Have you noticed any improvement with it? Or have you not noticed any improvement but continue on it to try and prevent progression?
My doctors just kind of shrug when I mention this symptom. It's just one of many odd things I feel.

I've been on the low carb diet since about October, although I had been cheating quite a bit which I've stopped doing. From a year ago, I can definitely say my symptoms have not worsened at all, and I'm pretty sure have improved. I say that I'm "pretty sure" because there's a big psychological aspect to this. I'm no longer panic-stricken by it all, and it's a fact that anxiety makes symptoms worse.

Without a doubt, though, the horrible zapping nerve pain is at a minimum now. That nasty pain would sometimes keep me from sleeping as I'd lie awake all night in misery. That's definitely stopped. I think that started improving when I started the R Lipoic Acid supplements, but it was also not too long later that I started cutting out carbs significantly.

I definitely am at a point now where I have more good days than bad, but there's never a day that I'm without symptoms. I've just kind of adjusted to my "new normal."
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Healthgirl (05-12-2015)