View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default New to the group

Hi. 15 months ago I had the lid of a large storage unit come crashing down on my head. At the time, I viewed it as a fairly minor injury - it hurt like hell at first, but once initial pain subsided I felt ok (aside from a rather large bruise on my head). Within 24 hours the head aches started and I have never felt the same. I live with constant headaches, tinnitus, concentration deficits, memory challenges, and generally feel like there is a gap between me and the rest of the world. The mood swings are the toughest thing for me to manage. I can go from high to low in a matter of moments, and it is never clear to me why things change so quickly.

So many aspects of my life have changed but the one I feel most is the loss of feeling a part of a community. In that one moment, I lost my work community, my gym community and I can no longer socialize with friends and family in the same way.

I thought I would joint his forum to hear other stories and remember that I am part of a community of people.
mammajody3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-11-2015)