View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngal View Post
In everything in life we have choices.....we can sit back and wait for a solution...or we can be part of the solution. This is why I decided to try the adipose (my own stem cells taken from abdomen fat) stem cell therapy for nerve regeneration.
Of coarse in every situation, each must weigh the pro's and cons. In my situation, being very healthy other than the PN, I did not feel I was putting myself at risk with this procedure.
My biggest concern was having it done in a real doctors office---clean sterile environment, and having a real Doctor, knowledgeable and excited about the future of stem cells doing the procedure. I was fortunate and found these.
Now to wait and see if it does anything to regenerate my nerves...........
Please, tell me more about this procedure. Once they extract the stem cells from your abdomen are they injected into your ankles? Your feet? Or are they put into some growth medium first and eventually injected back into your body? Sorry if I'm sounding really dumb but I guess it's really obvious that I know zilch about the the process involved refrom my questions that I know very little about the what's actually involved in this process.

Today a podiatrist suggested infrared light therapy. I signed up for it but I have my doubts if it will really help me. Is it possible that this therapy is worth trying? Has anybody tried this or anything else? I need some guidance. Thanks.
Maryoochi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote