View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 09:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Question about blood pumping sensation and blood pressure

So occasionally I get an exaggerated feeling of my heart pumping in my body and can feel very well the blood pumping though my neck and head. It is like my heart is working extra hard to pump blood up towards my head. It is a strange feeling. It was more common and more intense earlier on in my recovery, but I still get it.

I don't think it has anything to do with anxiety, because it can occur when I am perfectly calm and relaxed and laying down. I do notice that it happens more often when I get tired.

Can anyone explain to me what this is and why I feel it? Is this bad for my heart?

Also, my blood pressure was all over the place earlier on in my recovery, but now that it has evened out, it is lower than before my injury. It is around 94/69 or lower.

Could low blood pressure be causing some of my problems? Should I do something about this?

Thank you

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote