View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 11:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Just looking for some thoughts.

I am new to this forum. I am a 23 year old female. I am trying to get answers to what I think is peripheral neuropathy. I have tingling/burning/prickling in my hands and feet and sometimes my forearms and calf muscles. It is usually bilateral. It is rather consistent and is almost always present. It started last summer, stayed for about 3 months. It went away for about 5 months (during the cold weather) and came back. My limbs seem to "fall asleep" super easily. My hands and feet burn more if they are elevated and bent. It seems that if I straighten up/out the symptoms sometimes decrease. This all started with a sharp electric feeling in my hands when I would exhale.

I have had an MRI and nerve conduction studies.....all are normal.

My blood tests last year were pretty normal though I suspect something is up with B12 as it was on the high end of normal.....and I have been informed that sometimes that actually indicates deficiency.

I also have had problems with stored iron being low....and I also have chronic idiopathic constipation since I was 17. Despite having a good TSH value I am wondering about my thyroid.

I am usually quite physically active.

I am looking into everything.....However I am wondering about how episodic my symptoms are. I dont know if this is typical of deficiency or thyroid issues.

Just looking to see if anyone has any thoughts on this??
questionmark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-12-2015)