View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 01:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

CRPS is an inherently difficult diagnosis since it is clinical. I have also run the gamut of some doctors think yes, some think no and for the same reason as you. I have pain, it impacts my life but it is not "extreme". I am careful. Now if I just went on ahead and acted like a normal person doing all the things I used to do who knows? I am too afraid to find out.

It has been explained to me that CRPS is a spectrum and often doctors only think of the florid cases with ballooned up red and purple limbs that no one can touch. It is possible to have a more limited case. I have read that some cases, 7% according to TREND Consortium, have no pain only autonomic disturbance so I guess it really is possible to be on the mild end of the spectrum.

I would encourage you to get a Nerve Conduction Study. That is done with little electrodes and mild shocks that I did not find uncomfortable. They move to EMG only if NCS reading is really bad, ie: not getting anything. It is good information to have and may help determine treatment. On getting your staple out...if they really think that is the culprit it could help but yes of course it is a risk. May depend on how hard it is to get to. Start with NCS and go from there.

Sorry I didn't have more to offer. CRPS or not it still sucks when your foot hurts. I hope you find relief soon.

Sending Healing Love, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-13-2015), Russell (05-13-2015)