View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

I had knee surgery as a child and experienced a cold foot, some discoloration and atrophy, and more knee pain than usual. Pt made things worse when the therapist forced my knee and tore some of my internal stitches, so it's hard to know how much that contributed. After undergoing a nerve conduction study, I was told I could take meds or have spinal surgery. I decided to live with the issues and gave up some athletic activities that were now impossible--mostly running. I swam 6 months out of the year and road horses. It tool 10 years for the pain to decrease substantially, to the point where I could hike. The other issues have never improved.

I developed RSD/CRPS in my late 20's in my dominant arm after three surgeries. While both injuries shared some issues, the severe burning pain was not something that could be ignored. Nor any of the other many random issues that have come and gone over the years like vertigo, or muscle spasms, or spread, etc.

Do whatever you can to get symptoms under control. Taking Vitamin C, swimming in warm water, using Epsom salt lotion, go to pt, all might help to various degrees, but I would avoid "invasive" procedures if at all possible. A needle into the effected area should probably be avoided. If it can't be, then have Lidocaine patches on hand and apply immediately.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-13-2015), Russell (05-13-2015)