View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 02:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Anyone else have killer muscle spasms? It's become a huge problem for me, wrecking sleep, walking, standing. It's in my right side below the waist: gluts, thigh, calf, foot, and can be quite severe. I've already had lumbar stenosis surgery last year, which improved some of the worst symptoms, but apparently the current symptoms are probably due to Parkinson's dystonia, a type of dyskinesia, not to sciatica due to back problems. I actually think the 2 are connected, but whatever.

I'm already seeing my surgeon & my MDS neurologist, but would also like to hear any first-hand experiences with treatment, medications, physical therapy, exercises, chiropractor, massage, personal trainer, Rolfing, or anything else. I've already looked up the options, but would prefer first-hand experiences, good or bad.
Peony,
Sounds (to me) like dystonia.
Maybe up your levodopa a little bit and or take the prescribed amt at shorter intervals?
I used to get dystonia before DBS and it was painful and distressing and worse when I'd gone too long without any anti parkinson meds.
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote