Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I used IVIG in various doses and intervals for nearly 4 years. I never had any major side effects or complications. In the beginning I got a headache after the infusions. I thought it was from infusing too fast, but after a few infusions I discovered it was actually from the benedryl they were premedicating me with. Once I stopped the benedryl I had no side effects at all.
My main concern with the neuropathy is weakness. I did not leave the infusion room immediately stronger like I was told some do. The main reason I was on the IVIG is because it was believed that an abnormal antibody in my immune system was causing the PN .
Just remember the IVIG itself does not "heal" the nerves. It might help with what is causing the PN,, so that the nerves can then begin to heal. ( which we know is a sloooow process ) the IVIG did give me an energy burst for the first few weeks after my infusion, which was always nice
good luck in your decision---everybody's experience with it is different. I would not hesitate to go back on IVIG if my neuropathy began to progress.
northerngal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-13-2015), mrsD (05-13-2015)