View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 08:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
a disease that the only real "cure" was described long ago, and even it was very problematical, however the glimpse of a cure was realized. To many problems with fetal cell transplants into the brain stem. Yes this very dated attempt to cure PD, got bad press and no support from the sheepish researchers who are capable of inventing a viable implant A misinformed public, religious conservatives, and no real will to cure old people, so that they will just become long lasting dependents, among many other factors, put our hopes back at least 10 years. Now we have techniques that could initiate a functional cure with cultured cells not derived from another human beings cells, but our own biopsied and cloned DA neurons, harvested by micro-techniques, and coaxed to be DA progenitor cells that would do the job of allowing at least a chance at relieving a lot of the misery of advancing PD, at least with better odds than current therapies. But the world isn't ready to cure diseases that are chronic and occur mostly in the elderly. Population control you know. We will need to have some sort of serious pandemic of PD, before any of the so called researchers on pd come up with a viable easy solution to the problem of PD
And that my friends is it in a nutshell. From my perspective a least.