Thread: Rytary question
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

how did rytary come up, did your neuro suggest it or did you ask about it? i haven't talked to my neuro about it but did attend a pd event where a respected MDS mentioned it was available.

the worst that would happen if you tried it would be it didn't work well and you just switched back to the C/L you were taking. the best would be less off times with less dyskinesias? are you being asked to be a guinea pig or does your neuro have patients that are doing better on it?

when you think about it, you really need just a tiny amount of dopamine in your brain and you want to keep it constant, how much extra l-dopa you have to take to get that little bit into your brain and what the consequences of taking that amount is a good question. do you have more of a homocysteine problem so would you be better adding a mao-b inhibitor or comtan or an agonist and reducing l-dopa, assuming you can tolerate these. opening a can of worms here.

not to digress, but there are 2 rescue products in development, inhaled l-dopa and a sublingual apomorphine strip, they both get directly into the blood so no digestive tract interference. that might allow one to reduce their C/L because the consequences of going "off" will be less.

i'm amazed how many insco's pay for rytary and how low the copay is. this stuff isn't cheap, wonder how long that will last?
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote