View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Question about VTOS and delaying surgery

Good morning -
It has been a while since I have spent time on this forum.
I was diagnosed with venous TOS almost two years ago. I got a blood clot after doing too much swimming and it happened in such a short period of time that I didn't want to do the surgery, it just seemed too crazy. I have been managing the pain decently. The thing that works the best for me is deep tissue massage, but if I neglect to go in regularily it can get pretty bad. But lately I am getting frustrated and just wanting to get better and resume my swimming and feel more comfortable at work (I am in front of a computer all day). I am starting to seriously consider the surgery.
I have been researching a bit and wanted to find out if anyone has experience with waiting like this. Is it too late to have success with the surgery if it is done well?
I am also in the Houston area and have seen a few of the doctors listed on this forum - Azizzadeh and Livesay. Azizzadeh wanted to do surgery right away and that scared me off although I would consider going to him if he could do a good job. I liked his support staff a lot. Livesay basically said I would just have to deal with the pain and he could do surgery down the road if I needed it. I am getting ready to see a doctor at Baylor in a few weeks, Dr. West I think as Dr. Kim is leaving. I am weighing Baylor vs. Azizzadeh and wondered if anyone had any thoughts.
saracb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote