View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 02:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelo3 View Post
Putting aside this was a rodent study, the key to the research was targeting the newly formed TLR1/2 receptor. Candesartan specifically targets the TLR2 receptors.

Of the anti-inflammatories you suggested: curcumin, green tea polyphenols, and resveratrol have all been clinical shown to target TLR2. Ginseng and ginger are better for targeting TLR4 or TLR6. I'm not sure about gastrodin.
Still does the job.

"Then Maguire-Zeiss and her team tested a drug, developed by researchers at the University of Colorado, which specifically targets TLR1/2. They also tested the hypertension drug candesartan, which can target TLR2. Both agents significantly reduced inflammation."

In any case, I didn't mean to suggest that the anti-inflammatory properties of these herbs were all solely dependent on targeting TLR. Sorry if I confused you.
Born 1948. Diagnosed 2011. DBS ON 7/17. Taking cd/ld 200 MG at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm. Finasteride 5 mg, Life Extension Mix and Once-Daily Health Booster, Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ, Optimized Curcumin (longvida), Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol, Vectomega-3, Vit D3 5000U,Lithium orotate 5 mg, AMPK Activator, Kefiran, N-Acetyl-L- Cysteine (NAC), Tri-Magnesium, Advanced NeuroPro, Duozyme,
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Updated 9/21/17.
GerryW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tupelo3 (05-13-2015)