View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 05:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs down Once More Out There! LOL

Hi Again.

Figured WTH, may as well post this VA article up here too on my initial intro in hope that other Vets see it and know they are not alone in their pain (absolutely NO PUN intended) by that comment.

To be issued narcotic pain meds for YEARS by VA was their way of treating our pain (mostly physical) and now they are doing a 180 on it all not even realizing the hurt its causing us! I mean NO MEDICATION should be pulled out from under anyone without doing it properly by titrating it down ya know what I mean? THAT is very harmful and scary. Hence the reason I don't ever use VA for my medical care anymore despite being so Service Connected (Life injuries caused by acts or incidents that happened within a combat environment) and I am able to get free care for life on these issues, but choose NOT to since they make things so difficult to use its causes one to just throw your hands up in the air and say EFF IT !

So now I am seeing an absolutely awesome Pain Management Physician who is starting his own practice as a civilian. For the last 8 years he was a Navy Commander who was the DIRECTOR of ALL Pain Management for wounded troops at Walter Reed / Bethesda Hospital. Therefore, this guy has seen more combat inflicted injuries than Any civilian Doc out there Im sure! I am so lucky to have him pulling for me and using some of the methods and treatments used there, which most civilian Docs don't know about, and get this - VA just started doing Acupuncture within the last 3-4 years which is one alternative method they should've been doing YEARS AGO along with all these other ones this Doc is doing for me now! UNREAL HUH?

Anyway, here is an article I thought Id share and hope Vets get to it now that Ive posted it in 3 different threads of mine!

Semper Fi Friends!

Gunny
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW VA OPIOD POLICY-2.pdf (207.9 KB, 44 views)
Gunny Fitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote