View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hi Jenni,

I feel for you. Doing hair is so fun. That is how I put myself through college and grad school. It was very enjoyable and great for social people.

I think for now you need to focus on getting better. If doing hair aggravates your injured area that's not a good thing. However, If there are aspects of doing hair that you CAN do, then maybe consider those. I can see color being easier than cutting but that depends on what is going on in your wrist.

Your state should have a Rehabilitation Commission that can potentially pay for training for you to do something else regardless of any cases or claims. It never hurts to go in and get information.

Sending Healing Love, Littlepaw
Thanks Littlepaw! I will look Into that! Color bothers me too cause any pressure to the tip of my thumb in that first joint is a big ouch! I need to learn to hold it differently, even writing with a pen is hard on that joint. It's like it bends too far the wrong way then gets huge. I still do hair just not for hours a day. I really truly wonder if I have a tendon that's bad. (Got crps diagnosis in the wrist and haven't had soft tissue in my thumb checked they just lumped it in with my wrist) Weight bearing is what aggravates my wrist.
I did hair while I went through college too! It's funny it was the first school I went to after highschool and is still what I love to do most. Well I want to do histology but I gotta wait a little to go back to school again.
I'm going to look into what you said, would I go through the employment insurance line to get info? I never know where to look.

I made it working on my feet with a broken back for years before Insurance kicked in for reconstruction surgery and it didn't stop me. Yet this thing that I don't fully understand stops me. Ugg irritating! Wish it could just be "fixed" like a bone spur or carpal tunnel.
Jennijojo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote