View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 12:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryW View Post
I wonder if the dose is similar to the one used for leukemia. Like the rest of the chemotherapy tribe it has some rough side effects at that dose.
I asked about side effects associated with Nilotinib the first time this trial was mentioned to me. As soon as I heard it was a chemo drug I asked about hair loss. I was told that this drug doesn't kill cells it "mops up or cleans" up cells so hair loss shouldn't be a problem especially at the lower doses given during this trial. The neurologist told me they have about a 1% patient population experiencing hair loss. During the current trial when I asked about side effects I was told that in the 10 patients the main side effect they were seeing was agitation which occurs when too much dopamine is on board. This lead to a reduction in Parkinson medications in the affected patients. I just hope all this continues over the next three months and the official published report is as encouraging as this unofficial report.
This is the only encouraging news I've heard lately concerning this disease and what is keeping me going. Just wanted to share some good news with everyone I'm as desperate as the next person for a cure or at the least stopping disease progression. We can all just hope and pray the end official report is as encouraging as the unofficial report I've been given. So far so good.
All the best to everyone.
Betsy859 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (01-26-2016), bluesking (07-12-2016), BreezyRacer (05-14-2015), GerryW (05-14-2015), imark3000 (07-14-2016), Tupelo3 (05-14-2015)