View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What should I do?

Background: Post concussion 20 months. Went thru TBI clinic with some success but could never get over the headache, light and hearing sensitivities. Tried lots of meds including blood pressure meds and migraine meds. About 7 weeks ago I tried amitriptyline to help with the headaches.

Aside from some heart palpitations it seemed to be helping until I went into a psychotic episode with delusions. Had to be hospitalized. Now I am working with psych meds and all do their side effects. The respirdone totally knocked me down being tired to the point of not functioning at all. The doctor wants me on a higher dose but I cannot tolerate it.

I weaned myself down to a very low dose but now am struggling with the sensitivities and head issues again. I am sleeping a lot which is usually not an issue. The psych doc wants me to switch to abilify. My mom thinks we should go back to rehab with multi disciplines and not just psych.

What do any of you think?? This is being typed by mom since I cannot tolerate the computer or screens right now. Thanks in advance!
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote