View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't have an SCS or a service dog but just wanted to chime in and say I hope the surgery goes well.

The SCS implant is not something they offer commonly here in the UK. Or even if they do it is VERY rare. My PM Doc did mention one when my RSD worsened however he advised me not to have it as I have really bad reactions from nerve blocks (one caused me to not walk for a year as I lost all coordination, another caused severe myoclonic spasms) and he feared that surgery would make things worse. I know they work for many people so wish you the best of luck.

In terms of service dog, I think they are a really good idea. I have a springer spaniel and although he isn't a service dog, he really helped me. when my rsd spread to my arm, my hand went into a fist and I was unable to move it at all. Stroking my dog (Jack) really helped and eventually, I could move my hand again. Its nice on dark days too when you are getting into a depression, seeing their face and knowing they rely on you really helps cheer you up.

I know how hard it is having RSD at a young age. I've had this monster since I was 12 years old and am now 20. Its really tough. Some days I don't know how I will cope probably for the rest of my life, especially when getting out of bed is hard. But its made me stronger and I just want to say never give up hope.

We're all here for you. Take care and wishing you the best of luck

Last edited by ali12; 05-15-2015 at 07:48 AM.
ali12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-14-2015), ERico8 (05-15-2015), Littlepaw (05-18-2015)