View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 08:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Follow it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabra Taweel View Post
I have been recently diagnosed with a 5mm colloid cyst without hydrocephalus. I had gone to the doctor because I had excruciating pain in my right side of the head. He told me it was stress induced headache and gave me xenex and elatrolet. But he said to take a CT scan to be sure I didn't have anything more serious. In the scan they found the cyst but the doctor insists it isn't dangerous and it isn't responsible for my headaches. He says to wait and take a CT scan or MRI in a year or so. Do you think he is correct in this or should I be more scared about this thing?
Hey Jabra,
I was told the same thing "....ahhh forget about it, wait and see..." I was having symptoms and they (the dr's) weren't listening. Then one day driving down the road and the lights went out, I couldn't see . It shocked the living daylights out of me. Dangerous to me and everybody else on the road. It took me 3 different dr's till I got one of them to listen. Turned out I had every right to be concerned as the pressure within my skull was HUGE. Within 3 weeks I was having surgery. They tried to tell me it was all stress.
Past stress, present stress and future stress they said. No bloody wonder I was stressed, and this was just adding to it. "Here take a tablet, that'll help..."
For many, many years I was told there is nothing wrong, its all in your head. Little did I know just how true this statement was but.
Dr's think they know it all, but only you know your body. If you think there is something a miss, if you think there is something to follow up, then do it. Find a dr who will listen. Like I say it took me a bit of 'bashing my head against a brick wall' with dr's to get someone to listen and I had to see a few to get anything done, but be persistent, don't let them fob you off. It can be very demoralizing and so very STRESSFUL being told "It won't matter" "it's ok" "wait for a while" but if you are concerned, then its up to you to follow it up. Let's face it, they won't follow it up. So do it yourself, get the answers you need, even if its only to keep your own mind at peace.
Unfortunately, that's what I had to do. But pleased I did
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (05-15-2015), Lara (05-14-2015)