View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bizi,

You have made some tremendous accomplishments and I am sorry you have had a set-back on your physical activity abilities due to recent injury. Hope you will soon be back to all you want to do.

It is amazing how much a person's weight can fluctuate during the day. Mine can change anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds during the day so I personally don't worry about it until I compare the very first in the morning results with those same times and conditions on other days over the course of a week.

There are varying viewpoints on how often one should weigh, especially if they are trying to lose weight. For me, I found that weighing everyday helpful to keep from extra pounds showing up unexpectedly and then hard to get off. I will weigh every single day for a time just to be sure it is not creeping up on me. Then, I won't weigh except every week or so just because I forget or get out of the routine. For me, it is just easier to see a gradual increase than get surprised with a 15 pound increase that just suddenly appeared in the absence of watching the scale.

Getting on a scale was not part of my routine until I became disabled and unable to be physically active. That is when the weight started to accumulate, clothes became smaller or so it seemed (Ha Ha), and I had to begin watching the scale. If I don't do it regularly, the weight will really increase while my back is turned.

This is the first time I have posted to this forum on NT but I have seen some of your posts in other forums. Just want to congratulate you on your successes.

With the help of members and friends I have found on NT, since I first joined, I have been able to drop the "less" from my name.

Was nice to chat with you. Keep up the great work and hope you are soon over your injury.

Hope
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-15-2015)