View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 08:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
used generic C/L

CR never "dissolved" in 24hrs, just turned gummy. sticks to the tip of a knife when i touch it.
IR dissolved immediately.

so from what i have read, CR stays in the stomach where it gets churned around, floats on stomach contents, might stick to stomach wall(?) and slowly releases it's drug in acid environment. i've read it's more effective with food but takes longer to kick in.

my experience is it sometimes doesn't kick in or kicks in much later than expected in which case i've taken IR to compensate and then i get a higher dose of C/L than i wanted when it does kick in. i guess when it doesn't kick in it gets swept out of stomach and past part of small intestine that absorbs amino acids and also explains lower bioavailability and why you need to take more CR than IR. likely same explanation for higher C/L in rytary.
This is very interesting, thank you for thinking of it, doing it, and sharing your results here with everyone

At our last appt. our neuro came into the room with four bottles of Rytary. He said he wasn't "pushing" them on us, but they had come out and if we were interested in trying them, we could have them. We took them, but have yet to open a single bottle. I wished we had asked him how it is different/better than regular CR sinemet that's been out for years now, but we didn't.

The concerns we have with any CR are exactly what you articulated: CR is even more affected by food than IR, and its dissolution is even more variable than IR. This can result in no/insufficient meds being in the system, or a big "dump" because it kicks in after you've had to take IR to get moving because the CR wasn't hitting. Neither is good.

So for us, as much as difficult as our dosing schedule is, we are sticking with IR.

Anecdotally, we had a very late dinner last night of spaghetti and slept for an incredible 4+ hours. Best sleep in a long time and we're not sure if it's because of the carbohydrate load of the pasta or the B1 (allothiamine) we've been taking for a couple of weeks now. Either way, we're grateful.

FYI: if you have concerns about gluten, which we do, you can get pasta made from Einkorn which is a heritage wheat. I believe it's gluten content is 14g v. the 42g in modern wheat. A 2oz. serving has only 1g of sugar but 9g of protein. High in nutrients too. You can find Einkorn products at health food stores or also online.

Going to
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (05-15-2015), soccertese (05-15-2015)