View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

drum_stix,

If you live in the US you can go to any oral surgeon of your choice, you do not need a referral from another dentist. As far as the legal issue goes about treating you since you have had work done by another dentist, there is no legal means by which an oral surgeon can refuse to treat you due to your initial extraction being done by another dentist. So whoever is telling you that, is mistaken.

I am not saying that you did this but....if when you spoke to either of those offices you made any mention or gave any impression that you were angry with your previous dentist and that you think she did a bad job, then the receptionist would be reluctant to give you an appointment because nobody wants to end up in the middle of a problem. You have every right to be upset with your dentist, but be careful not to carry that demeanor with you elsewhere because her peers are not going to want to give you the impression that they are fixing her mistake. I hope I have explained that carefully enough to not upset you.

Your general dentist is going to be reluctant to do this surgery as she is not experienced at performing it. My suggestion would be to call an oral surgery office and schedule a consultation about removing a retained root tip for the placement of a dental implant. That way you are not giving the impression that you are angry with anyone and you will be dealt with more positively. You never have to go forward with the implant, that is up to you. The main goal is to have the root tips removed properly.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote