View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 08:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Praying this all comes together

After 3-4 HORRIBLE weeks (physically & emotionally) and a million emails/phone calls to doctors/insurance company, I think we are finally making a forward step. I hope.

Had my last ordered PT visit on Thursday. No real progress and both PT's believe it is a direct correlation to my pain. One of them contacted my ortho to discuss how to handle this. She suggested to their office that since I am having so much trouble finding a neuro, my ortho should take care of a follow up EMG/NCS.

Pain management is still a bone of contention. PCP office has sent PM referral to RIC however, that was interpreted as an order for 'physical therapy'. After more conversation with my case manager, she contacted my PCP office herself. An hour or so later, I received a call from Swedish American Physical Therapy...they received an order for PT (note the RIC similarity?). After expressing my confusion, she clarified it is for AQUATIC THERAPY. I will definitely give this my best shot but I am a bit concerned that this is the 'pain management' that PCP is doing and with the unknown as to how this will manage that, I am concerned. That and it's a 40 minute drive.

I have a follow up appointment with ortho on Tuesday. I also have a vocational rehab eval that same afternoon, follow up with PCP on Wednesday (hoping my PCP will investigate this nausea/heartburn/vomiting thing that I can't get on top of), pool therapy on Thursday. Whew.

I'm grateful for all of you listening to my rants.