View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabra Taweel View Post
Thank you Dave. I just don't want this thing to kill me. It is obvious that therebis no hydrocephalus, and I had these headaches for 5 years so I guess my doctor is on to something.
Hey Jabra,
I have to agree with Dave "...my thoughts about my own Cyst to myself, or be fobbed off..." The dr's can be experts in showing no empathy whatsoever. I have tried to query them about things before only to be 'fobbed off' and made to feel stupid. It turned out I had every right to be concerned, but they just brushed over things. The more I pushed, the more they pushed back and in the end everybody got ****** off. I found another Dr.
Try to take another approach, look at treating your symptoms. Exhaust all other avenues, if you can show that none of them have benefited in treating your symptoms, then the surgeon may look more favourably at relieving your symptoms surgically (if they can), but there maybe more risks from surgery than benefits. Each time they have operated on me, which is 5 times now, I've had an explosion of other symptoms/sensations/oddities that they call "recovery symptoms", but have lasted long after any recovery time. So surgery may not be the magic pill you expect, believe me.
I'd be trying to get an independent opinion. Show them the pictures, tell them the symptoms but 'try' to keep emotions from the conversation. I say 'try' as I know this is not easy at all, but some dr's do not handle emotions very well and will 'fob you off' as just being emotional.

Good luck
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (05-16-2015)