View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile alcoholism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby78 View Post
I feel better after day 3. Physical symptoms are gone as far as nausea and feeling lightheaded. I'm wondering if the neuropathy symptoms are more pronounced now that alcohol is out of the equation, perhaps being there for the past few weeks, yet not really detected as much?

As far as sobriety, I'm reading some books and that's about it. I feel my desire to quit is easier based upon my physical neuropathic symptoms and wishing to be well and further stop any progression. I've been through several tests and blood work to rule out other etiologies...all to no avail, therefore leading me to what I feel is likely causative...alcohol intake.

Initially symptoms were confined to hands and arms, more so in the right with associated shoulder and subclavicular pain leading me towards Thoracic Outlet. This was discussed with respected Chiro and PT and thought to be a problem. But, when symptoms started in my feet and legs a few weeks ago, I started concerning myself with other causes. Perhaps I have both?? Who knows. Frustrating is the right word I'm looking for. I'm otherwise healthy without any medical problems in the past. I've been very active throughout my life and look the part of a healthy athlete per say.
Bobby,
My name is Fred. I quit drinking 48 years ago. I was a member of AA for a long time. I want to put in my 2 cents worth on your discussion.
I think you need to see a neurologist about your pain. In all the years that I was around alcoholism, I don't remember that type of pain associated with alcoholism. All of the group here may not care for this suggestion, but it is what I believe.
I was addicted and pain like that was not a part of it.
Best wishes --your life may depend on you making this work
Thanks
FREDH
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-16-2015)