View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 11:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Feedback from Dr. Miller Consult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheumann View Post
a number of doctors out there are showing that they can decrease scar tissue and increase our new organic tissue using PRP or stem cells. If scar tissue is a problem in thoracic outlet syndrome then it would make sense at least attempt this. I spoke to Dr Hugh Gelabert at UCLA's mentions this and this made sense to me because I have heard of stem cells converting heart attack scar tissue to actual heart muscle tissue. He does not have experience or numbers to discuss with me about it but I am on the lookout. I have a consultation with Dr Miller that is here in the Los Angeles and Orange County area. apparently he does PRP injections for this TOS.

Any comments?
Hello J Heumann,

I am interested in your feedback from your consult with Dr. Miller. I have longstanding TOS, bilateral scalenectomy/pec minor and now believe that I have scar tissue in upper left portion of brachial plexus. I had one revision surgery with Dr. Gelabert- it initially helped but know I think that scar tissue grew back after a year. Do you have information/sources that I can read about regarding the PRP injections? Hopefully you are doing better?? What can you tell me about your experience with Dr. Miller. Where is he located? What is his speciality etc...

Thank you
MarcB
Santa Barbara
Bilateral Scalenctomy first rib resections
Bilateral Pec Minor
MarcB50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote