View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 04:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the reply.

My thoughts are very close to those lines you wrote. What anticoagulant were you taking, do you still take it? I was on warfarin for 7-8 months and didn't like it. Since I switched to xalerto I have zero issues.

I don't have any neural symptoms I am aware of.

The reason why I asked you about the other side is because I don't want to do the surgery and still be in the position I am better taking thinners as the other side is risky too.

I had MRI and venogram and they can see compression on both sides when I raise my hands. The affected vein is damaged but not that bad - still has around 60% flow.

My surgeon did around 80-100 of these surgeries in his life. I suppose that's a good number for someone to be considered as experienced for this.

I will most likely be making my decision around sept when I am again to see him. My haematologist (who tracks my blood with thinners) says she is perfectly happy with me either doing or not doing the surgery as she doesn't see the problem with taking the thinners other than risk of something like car accident or similar..

Please keep us updated.

How are you feeling right now? As this would be my first surgery ever (if I decide for one) I am very nervous about the anaesthesia, pain management, being paralysed and all that stuff..
Simurgh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote