View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 11:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, this is a well thought out statement in the article...
"Pain experts at the VA say that in hindsight they have been overmedicating veterans, and doctors at the Pentagon and VA now say that the use of the painkillers contributes to family strife, homelessness and even suicide among veterans."

Apparently they have not considered what daily Intractable pain does for family strife, homelessness and suicide.

Gunny Fitz, I don't know if I said it before but, your service and sacrifice is greatly appreciated. I am sorry for what you endured and what you are now going through and am appalled the government is not treating you, and other veterans, properly. Does the VA have a doctor you can go to who specializes in pain mgmt? How about support groups where you can discuss your experiences and compare pain mgmt meds/modalities that work for each of you.

It is after midnite and I am tired but I will look through your posts tomorrow and if I can recommend something for pain that you might not have tried, I will.
Please don't crank your TENS unit up full blast....it may do more harm than good.

Take Care, Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gunny Fitz (05-19-2015)